Just Me

Nothing fancy. Nothing Inspiring. Nothing really...

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Three Things for Thursday

Yeah, I just do not have time for thirteen today!

1. I heard a jingly noise coming down the hall from my office today and for a split second I thought it was my sister in her jingly sandals that always let me know she's near...then I remembered. It was -33 out this morning and as much as I want summer back, it's just never gonna happen, so I should just deal with it.

2. My grandma left for Calgary on Tuesday & my parents early early early this morning for New Orleans. I had hoped last year to be going with them this year, but when circumstances changed at work, it wasn't really a possibility. I hope that they both have good months.

3. Yesterday Don got an email.

Not that exciting, I know.

But this was an exciting email.

It was an email that invited him to play at the Winnipeg Folk Fest this year! (For those of you who don't know, you can't apply to be a part of the festival, you have to be invited by the music director...or someone like that.)

We have been going to the festival since before we were married with all our favorite friends, but seeing as how last year he was rejected at both the little Winkler and Morden Festivals, we didn't think that Winnipeg would be on the table this year...or anywhere near the table for that matter!

Actually, I don't even know if I should be/am 'allowed' to be telling people yet, and I'm probably stealing Don's thunder a bit (so act surprised when he tells you), but I can't help it!!

I'm just so excited!

2 Comments:

At 9:19 p.m., Blogger Heather Plett said...

WOOHOO for Don! (I'm pretty good at pretending to be surprised.)

 
At 1:40 p.m., Blogger corrie said...

Ha ha, those darn jingly sandals. I try to fix them but they just keep jingling away. But, seeing as I've had so many people comment on how it's great having them on so they can tell when I'm around, maybe I should stop worrying about it.

I can't WAIT to wear them again...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home