Just Me

Nothing fancy. Nothing Inspiring. Nothing really...

Monday, February 09, 2009

Tea Chat Knit!

The last five years or so I've been meaning to learn to knit. 
However a fantastic procrastinator, I never have. 
My little sister, in the meantime, has become a knitting genius.
Everytime I turn around she is finishing yet another scarf or crocheting another baby blanket for a present or trying out a new hat pattern...I'll admit to a little...jalousie.
 
For me, it stems from wanting to learn a dying trade.
I love the thought of darning still useful socks, making funkily designed mittens for friends, or just sitting around chatting while producing something useful.

So after my oldest sister handed out tons of funky new homemade mittens to various people in her life, I decided it was time to stop talking and start knitting...or at least learning to knit.

So we, my happy knitter sister, Kim and I started a weekly knitting party we like to call Tea Chat Knit.
We made this little video one night to help advertise.




It's really informal, but lots of fun!
We have people...some learning to knit, teaching, sharing knitting problems or just sitting and working on their current article of knit while we all chat it up! While I struggled to get one needle through the tiny little loophole, they chatted about all sorts of weird things..."Dropping a stitch", "Pearling", "Double headed needles" (or something). Eventually we got around to things I knew about too, like books and movies and cell phones and facebook (okay, some things I knew about). It felt very old school/modern, which is pretty cool.

Even though I suck, I'm still practicing and determined to get it learned and eventually I'll have my own mitten dance video full of my mittens! Hoorah!


2 Comments:

At 11:19 p.m., Blogger mmichele said...

That is the number one cutest video I have ever seen on Youtube.

 
At 3:12 p.m., Blogger Linda said...

I just looooooved that little video.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home