Just Me

Nothing fancy. Nothing Inspiring. Nothing really...

Sunday, March 22, 2009

ahhh...spring in the city..

Wednesday last week, all three things we had planned for the weekend got cancelled. Thursday morning we played with the idea of heading out to the cabin for that winter weekend at the cabin I've been craving all winter.
After checking the weather (the real decision maker) and making some arrangements with some very wonderful sisters, Friday afternoon after work we were driving away blissfully free!
What a great weekend to have off!
Beautiful weather, but still winter if you were outside of the city. 
Some of my favourite moments: (since I forgot to bring the camera!)

We walked what felt like halfway across the lake to check out a little ice fishing shack.

We searched around and around through the patches of forest by the cabin until we found the tree we'd heard crrrrreeeeeaaaak, falllllll and crash to the ground from inside the cabin.

We made our favourite meals together and ate too much.

We played Blockus by the wood stove and I tried not to get mad when I lost...unsuccessfully.

We watched movies on our computer which Don brought to do some recording.

I started and finished an incredible book called, "A Thousand Splendid Suns". Really, I could NOT put it down. Good thing Don had some recording to do!

Oh and a definite fun time was when we found some abandoned pieces of rope on the beach which, when we hit more slip slidy ice, I promptly tied one end around Don and one around me and let myself be pulled.

One very good moment was when we were giddily smashing surface ice and kicking it everywhere and I suddenly realized that if we had met when we were kids, we'd have been fast friends.

And now, to finish off this very relaxing weekend we have arrived home to thundershowers (!) that are washing away the snow as we head out to a late movie. 

sigh. It's nice to escape reality for a while.


2 Comments:

At 5:58 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lovely weekend. Made me wish I was there, but then it would not have been the same, would it?

Marja

 
At 2:08 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pam I like you.

Don

 

Post a Comment

<< Home