Just Me

Nothing fancy. Nothing Inspiring. Nothing really...

Thursday, July 19, 2007

The ONLY Thing I Hate About July

The water.
Well, specifically, Winnipeg tap water.
I know we get our water brought in from Scholl lake.
I don't know where that is o
r what the conditions are like.
I just know by about July 10th, it is undrinkable for me.
I might as well take a cup of slimy, green water from a stagnant pond.
That is how well I can taste the algae taste in it.
Yesterday, my sister made iced tea using tap water..I couldn't even drink that!
(Oddly enough, even corrie -the super taster- couldn't taste it.)

I had a gingerale (fountain) with dinner out, last weekend-it was nasty.
I even notice it in frozen, sugar filled slurpee's.
(Although to a lesser degree, seeing as how I still drink them!)
I don't even order a glass of water when eating out right now.
I just bring my faithful water bottle filled w/brita filtered water.
But, today I noticed even that water tastes a little on the...fungal side.
I can even smell it when Don takes a really hot shower.
Gross.

Now here's the thing.
I am not really a picky (water) person.
I don't always need a bottle of evian or perrier.
In fact I hate buying bottled water.

Even in those big bottles.
Shipping water? When it's 'piped' right to your faucets?
It seems totally ridiculous/wasteful to me.
I'll filter it, if I have to.
My favorite place to drink water is actually on a lake in Ontario where the whole lake is fresh and clear and clean and delicious.
What I want to know is, why am I so sensitive to this water?
I don't want to drink any water right now.
I don't even like brushing my teeth with it.
And hot water is way worse! So hot showers are practically out.
(Which is fine by me, it's July!)


Give me water from the artesian well at our cabin anyday over this. Blech. Hey...that gives me an idea...

1 Comments:

At 8:52 a.m., Blogger corrie said...

I totally get you with the water. The thing is, I've tasted it in iced tea, too, but just not that time. Another odd thing is that at work the water is FINE. We put a bit of lemon in it and the tap water is perfect for drinking. Crazy, huh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home