Just Me

Nothing fancy. Nothing Inspiring. Nothing really...

Sunday, June 03, 2007

I'll play!

7 Random Things About Me:

1. When brushing my teeth, I totally favour the left side of my mouth over the right.

2. I love riding through the city in the passenger's seat with the seat all the way back. There is something about being able to only see the tops of all the buildings and trees intermingled with sky. I especially like seeing no people.

3.I find crushing recycling really satisfying. When it gets all piled up in a big unorganized heap in my blue box, I enjoy taking the time to crush all the boxes and cans and papers and make it all fit just so.

4.I mostly dislike meat. I don't hate it. I don't love it. But if I have a sandwich anywhere, I usually just get half(or less) of the amount of turkey or chicken on it. Even if it's a high quality meat or whatever. I even really like thin hamburger patties. For me I kinda like it better when the meat compliments whatever is with it, not the other way around.

5.I am the only person in almost my entire family that doesn't not wear some form of corrective eyeware. But. I should be.

6.I have this irrational desire (fear?) to be super prepared if ever I am still around in post apolcalyptic time. I am facisnated by fantastical depictions of it ('The Postman', 'Waterworld', 'V For Vendetta', even 'Children of Men', etc.). I just like assuring myself that I am totally capable of living without any of the luxuries I have become accustomed to. I like to think I could do it well.

7.I have always been enamoured with complicated devices that don't need power to run. Some of my favorite examples: Wristwatches (that wind), push mowers, carpet sweepers and especially as of late, my dad's self charging flashlight. I think it has something to do with #6. Even common old things like wheelbarrows make me shake my head and say, 'Genius.'

2 Comments:

At 9:26 a.m., Blogger corrie said...

Ohhhh... So I *shouldn't* feel guilty about the time you came up to my house, sighed an exasperated sigh at my recycling bin and proceeded to crush everything and organize it. I've been bearing that burden for a while...

I will now put it to rest.

ps. Did you ever watch that post-nuclear bomb movie in Western Civ? That was very post apocalyptic... but in a scary way, not in a "cool, they're so resourceful" kinda way.

 
At 10:47 a.m., Blogger pamero said...

Yah, I think I saw that movie, but comeon! I only want to think of post apolcalypticness in a cool way. I know if there is ever a nuclear explosion near me I'll probably be all skinless and bald and so not resourceful *or* cool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home