Just Me

Nothing fancy. Nothing Inspiring. Nothing really...

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Day of fun. And pain.

Last Wednesday I woke up very...blah.
I didn't want to go to either of my jobs.
I didn't want to stay home and be stared
at by all the housecleaning I had to do.
I didn't want to just hang out and do nothing for the day.
So I just sighed, ate my breakfast and got on my 'new' bike* and went to work.
I so dislike those days where life has no point and no meaning.
4 blocks from home and 25 minutes from work, I noticed it had just finished raining and dawned on me that I had not gone and bought the fenders that I was instructed to.
I tried to stay out of the puddles.
I really did.
Alas I arrived at work and had to work with wet underwear.
I was never so happy to have my uniform to change into!
3 hours laters when my short(aka pointless) shift was done, I was determined to acquire some fenders before attempting another wet ride home.
So, I did the right thing: I called my dad.
All I was really calling for was for information on fender 'size' and 'brand', or if there were infact such things for fenders.
Did I ever get a lot more.
What followed was the rest of the day spent with just me and my dad biking to MEC, to my house, to his house, to putting my brand spanking new fenders and carrier on. To a lovely dinner with my parents and sisters to some post dinner 'no hands riding lessons' with my youngest sister, Becky, to my ride home with my oldest sister, Corrie-who happened to be nearby-to a really sore butt!
All in all, one of the best days of the last month.
Sometimes I am smiling at the sneaky little ways God has for making me just feel better.

And now it's wednesday again. Sigh.
Looks like memories will have to do it today!


*'New' to me means one my dad found trashed in a back lane, repainted, oiled and put some of his endless supply of bike parts (in this case a pair of tires he didn't like, but that were still good) to good use on it and gave to happy, happy me.

1 Comments:

At 4:38 p.m., Blogger corrie said...

I am glad your day of blah turned into a day of fun. Speaking of which, we haven't had one for a while, we should invest in a genuine, good ol' Pam and Corrie's Day of Fun.

And hopefully it won't result in very sore anything.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home