Just Me

Nothing fancy. Nothing Inspiring. Nothing really...

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Transformers=PDC

(I sent this email to someone who asked how the advanced screening of Transformers was and thought it would make a pretty good post too, so here you go.)
Pretty Darn Cool.
That's my opinion.
There was a huge jokey kinda aspect to it as well, which I liked.
And only a couple of cheesy 'american' lines.
(ie:'Come on! You're a Soldier now!')
And wow, do I ever have a crush on Shia Labeouf - the guy who plays the main character, Sam Witwicky.
He is funny & great.
I might go see that penguin surfing 'documentary' just for him.
The transformers were really, really, really well done. As Don pointed out, the action scenes were really too big and up close for you to see what was happening really well, but you could still see it. oh well.
I still am amazed (in this specific film) by CGI.
I was saying to Corrie and Don, how I actually believed that the transformers were there and real. Like puppets or something. Very well done visual effects.
One other thing that bothered both me and Corrie: all the main character guys were geeky (except josh duhamel) and the two female leads were super hot and pretty sexy. At least the girls were not yippers and were both like, super intelligent (a mechanic (handy for this movie) and an amateur code analyst WAY ahead of the game(also handy for this movie)).
I read a comment that said the director who took it on wanted to make it a family movie, but 'a bit edgier'. I'd say he accomplished that with some pretty skimpy outfits(for the girls), and a couple of light profanities thrown in.

Overall, an 8 out of 10 is what I'd give it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home