Just Me

Nothing fancy. Nothing Inspiring. Nothing really...

Friday, November 17, 2006

This is NOT an offer.

At our mulitidwelling house, we all share the washer/dryer in the basement which, I think, is a fantastic idea. The owners charge us only a dollar for a wash/dry and it works out really good. All 8 of us at one time or another have forgotten that we have laundry down there and then someone else wants to use it while it's still in the wash or dryer. Anyways...my point is that whenever I go to put wet clothes in the dryer and it is already full of fluffy warm dry clothes, I have a really hard time just leaving them to get all cold and wrinkly in a pile on top of the dryer and plus I rather enjoy folding clothes. I know, I know, "she what?!?!" But ever since Don & I worked at a Laundromat for a little bit, I've loved folding clothes. I like to fold them just so. Nice crisp, even folds, all sides matching up, all sorted nicely and stacked evenly. So I secretly enjoy it when I find a warm, dry load left in there especially when I have the time to fold it. Speaking of which, I think mine is finished.

9 Comments:

At 9:42 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey!

it's 50 cents for both! not each! you thought you had to pay $1.00?

 
At 9:42 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

and i LOVE coming downstairs and finding my clothes folded. i thought i had elves! it was you all along!

 
At 7:02 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too like folding clothes. And I know how to fold fitted sheets so they look good too. I wish that the people who share my w&d would do the folding thing for me. It doesn't happen too often.

 
At 7:04 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michele, that's cheap laundry. Can I come and do it for 50 cents too? And maybe, if I leave it in the dryer someone will fold it for me too...

 
At 9:19 a.m., Blogger ccap said...

Yeah, that's a good deal for laundry (says the person who has to pay every week).

I like folding laundry too, especially when it's warm. Mmm.

 
At 2:34 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey if you're still looking for a good short story book, this one is not a compilation of other writers, but the writing is breathtakingly good - it's called "In the Misleading Absence of Light" and it's written by Joanne Gerber, a Canadian woman who lives in Saskatchewan

 
At 12:48 p.m., Blogger pamero said...

Oooh! I'll totally check that book out AP. I've already finished the one kimmy gave me for my birthday, maybe I'll put that one on my christmas list.

 
At 5:56 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Pam!! I'm with you on the loving of folding laundry, especially when its warm and fluffy still!!! My towels all have to be folded exactly the same or else I'm unhappy, also!!!

 
At 10:39 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now I want to put a load in JUST so I can fold everything, all warm and fluffy.... though, my favorite thing to do is put on a sweatshirt or pj pants right out of the dryer... mmmm.... that's how I stayed alive living at my house in the winter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home