Just Me

Nothing fancy. Nothing Inspiring. Nothing really...

Monday, October 23, 2006

As Sam Roberts would say...

I think my life is passing me byyyyyyyyyy. I was just thinking back over the last few weeks or so and then thinking about the next few weeks coming up and for some odd reason that song keeps running through my head. Except that I am actually involved in my life so I guess it's not really 'passing me by' so much as just happening really fast with me in it. What I'm really trying to say is that it's like I'm in the canoe on the river not standing on the bank watching the current carry the canoe by...no what I mean is that I'm on the ferris wheel going around and around and about to throw up, not just watching it from the bottom wishing I had gone...no what I really mean is-- okay, okay I'm just kidding. I'm not freaking out, its just that I was looking so forward to:
-Having thanksgiving at the cabin(Oh, michele, the pumpkin cheesecake worked, but it was as great as I thought it would be, I think next year, we'll stick with just pumpkin pie).
-Having Don's cd release
-The cd release being over
-A Steve Bell concert I was going to
-Getting some birthday/christmas shopping done early.
I'm sure you're all excited to hear my list of things I was doing but now all the fun stuff is over and I only have to do the shopping still. Puke. Well, actually I do like the shopping a bit, but it's just that I have so much of it to do! Sigh. Now all I can see is the next months flying by and then it comes.
The Depressing Time.
January.
February.
March.
Cold.
Dark.
Cold.
Dark.
Three months of, 'do I really have to go outside and interact with the world?' Is it really wrong of me to just rent movies and watch them with my sister all winter?
Perhaps I'll have to make a list of like 12 exciting things to do and then disperse them equally over those three months.
Like snowshoeing or winter camping.
Ha ha. THAT was a funny joke.
Actually hey, if YOU have any ideas for exciting things that a person can do in winnipeg that aren't like long projects or cost $200.00 , give me all your suggestions. But don't be offended if I don't do them. I may just get real lazy and throw the whole idea out the window.
But.
Until then I will enjoy the crazy busy christmas season* ( because I secretly do enjoy it), and love my life. Because it is fun and I'm very happy to be living it and I do realize I may not always be feeling this way. ~contented sigh~
*(Oh by the way, did you all know my favorite store puke-mart is now open every night until 11pm so you can get all the crap your family doesn't need in a late night shopping spree? I cannot wait unitl they are open from 7 am-11pm just to make it easier on those earlybird/latenight shoppers. What a friendly, kindly, well-intentioned buisness! I think I'll go put my application in to work the christmas seanson for them RIGHT NOW!)

4 Comments:

At 3:29 p.m., Blogger corrie said...

OHMYGOODNESS! Can you imagine working at walmart over christmas. I think I would cry myself to sleep on the weekends.

 
At 12:05 a.m., Blogger mmichele said...

right before christmas they are open AROUND THE CLOCK. i will go with you some morning at 3 am if the stars are alligned...

 
At 5:40 p.m., Blogger pamero said...

Sure Michele, I'll go to walmart with you at 3 am as long as we've both just finished a bottle of vodka and corrie drives.

 
At 9:48 p.m., Blogger Kim O said...

I'll come, but only if I get some vodka too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home