Just Me

Nothing fancy. Nothing Inspiring. Nothing really...

Friday, November 17, 2006

My New Best Friend.

So as per my usual thursday night, my sister and I watched thursday tv at our good friend ccaps house. For the past year we have had the distinct pleasure of now sharing this night with her new baby daughter. I know she was a little hestiant to have us over on thursday nights because the 'baby' might be noisy or cranky or distracting. Well. She was right. Although she is not usually cranky, she distracts the crap out of me and I love it! Especially since she has/is learning to walk in the last couple weeks. It is wonderful! Last night I can hardly remember any of the shows we were having such a good time. We played with her foamy frog chair, she played with my new fuzzy scarf, I fed her like half my oreo flurry, she threw up like a quarter of my oreo flurry. Good Times. But really, I didn't think it possible but every time I see her, her personality is a little more developed. It is a cool thing to be a part of. My favorite part was when she liked to play the game: I-will-use-both-my-hands-and-my-little-sharp-baby-nails-to-smack-you-in-the-face-while-aiming-for-your-eyes-and-smiling-coyly-at-every-one-else, it was really cute. No really, I'm being serious. It was super adorable. Anyways, just when I think she's at the top level of my love thermometer, the mercury blows it right up.
Especially her little smile-giggle combo. Gets me every time.

I can't even imagine how her parents feel.*
But I love my new little best friend.
Now if only I can get her to remember who I am the next time I see her...

*I do not want to hear any comments about how it sounds like I'm ready for kids. I love them, to hang out with them, even babysit them and care for them. But I am happy in my non-kids lifestyle for the moment and the only one who can change my mind about that is God if he plays a little joke with my BCP's.

3 Comments:

At 9:16 a.m., Blogger ccap said...

Smile. 'Kay, that post made me get a little teary-eyed. I think I will print it up and put it in her memory box.

 
At 10:05 a.m., Blogger ccap said...

I'll do my best to remember to clip her nails before next Thursday. :-)

 
At 3:10 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto on the teary eyes here to.

I am so happy that Abby has her Auntie Pam and Auntie Corrie in her life. It makes me smile every time I see her with you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home