Just Me

Nothing fancy. Nothing Inspiring. Nothing really...

Monday, October 16, 2006

I Will Miss Monday Lunches.

For the last few months, I don't even know how many, my oldest sister, my best friend and I have been going out for lunch on mondays. It doesn't happen every week and it's not always on mondays, but there have been enough of them them that when my friend has to go back to work (after mat leave) I know I will miss them. She always brings her 11 month old daughter, whom I love to bits and bits, and I will miss having uninterrupted-by-other-people-who-couldn't-possibly-love-her-as-much-as-i-do-time with her. All we do is talk and eat and drink and laugh (I am talking about the adults here again) and I'm sure there are a thousand other people who do this same thing with their good friends but it's the 3 way understanding, mid-afternoon, sarcasm loving, conversations I'll miss. It's not like we'll never see each other again, in fact we'll probably end up seeing too much of each other, but I just have grown to enjoy mondays. Monday day is MY time. Don is at work all day, I have just worked 'all' weekend and I have nothing to do except relax. Maybe some house work if I want to, watch tv in my pjs if I want to, but I will always get moving when I know we are meeting for monday afternoon chats. Today will probably be one of the last ones, and that is a little sad, but still great, so I'm off!
Perhaps we'll just have to meet her at work on mondays. :)

4 Comments:

At 5:28 p.m., Blogger ccap said...

Gosh, I will miss them too. FAR too much. I think I'm going to get depressed. :-(

 
At 9:09 p.m., Blogger mmichele said...

def. meet at work. those kinds of times are precious.

 
At 9:49 a.m., Blogger corrie said...

I agree. We should continue the monday lunch after ccap goes back to work. Since it's close to her office, why don't we just meet at Joey's? He he he : ) (but seriously, let's meet somewhere else)

 
At 12:13 p.m., Blogger Kim O said...

I'm jealous... but then again, I'm always kind of envious of the good time my sisters have without me...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home