Just Me

Nothing fancy. Nothing Inspiring. Nothing really...

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Tonight I'm An Engineer.

Okay, well, that may be streching it a bit, I am helping Don record his own first cd. But really all I do is: stop,delete, back it up, press record again. I am really good at it.
It does make me think of how glad I am to be computer literate. Sometimes I think about my parents and how they still have trouble working their 2 or 3 remotes and while it makes me smile*, it also makes me want to keep up with technology, however fast it keeps moving. I just like knowing how to work things. Sometimes. I have no idea how to work a blackberry, a palm pilot or a Ipod, but I DO know that if you gave me 5 minutes with it, I could figure it out. And if you gave me an uninteruppted half hour with it, I'd be a _________(fill in the newest technological gadget)genius. And that's good enough.

*It's true they have trouble with the remotes, but they both understand and use e-mail and, I must give credit where credit is due, my Dad has helped me figure out my computer problems various times. But we both have our forte. I am definately the better Internet Navigator. So there.

6 Comments:

At 6:07 p.m., Blogger corrie said...

you sneaky monkey, you... Good thing I'm internet savy : ) And don't knock mom and dad because of the three remote thing. Sometimes I find it frustrating, too... especially when you get everything settled that needs to be settled and then realize you forgot to turn the stereo on for the DVD player and you have to get up off the couch... what a cruel life...

 
At 10:35 a.m., Blogger pamero said...

I'm sure the children in africa feel real sympathy for all people who suffer the remote crisis...

 
At 3:51 p.m., Blogger Heather Plett said...

I was determined to keep up too, but then my kids got Tamagotchis, and I realized that when I have no interest in learning how to use them, I don't bother trying, and then I come across as one of those fuddy-duddy parents lost in the last century that's not keeping up. Oh well.

 
At 4:22 p.m., Blogger beckster said...

Hey don't make fun of Mom and Dad you jerk, I can barley figure out those stupid remotes some times, they are actually retarded. And Corrie, my beautiful sunshine, I definatly agree about the stereo, next time you have that problem just call for Kim, she usually comes (if you yell loud enough).

 
At 5:20 p.m., Blogger Linda said...

Now I know who to call if I have a question!

 
At 3:44 p.m., Blogger Kim O said...

I don't even know what a blackberry is...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home