Just Me

Nothing fancy. Nothing Inspiring. Nothing really...

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

My Last Vacation?

That is what I am sure the past three days I spent at the cabin were. I cannot forsee anything else coming up despite the +28C weather we are expecting for the entire rest of the week.
Sigh.
I didn't even go swimming.
But, I did have a good time.

Things I love about my Cottage:
-that I always vary between calling it ta Cabin/Cottage.
-These paper Chinese lanterns we have hanging from the
ceiling that have been there for a couple years from an old birthday.
-The amount of eating we do there.
-The amount of reading we do there.
-The new tile backing my dad put behind the woodstove.
-The 2 trees that line our path to the beach. They seem like beach guardians.
-Our microwave from the 70's (80's?).
-Eating meals on the attached veranda on hot summer nights.
-Canoe rides through calm still water.
-Picking rocks out of the sand while sunbathing.

Things I Do Not Like About My Cabin:
-The island(w/causeway) taken over by the nudies.
-The algea that covers the water on a windless, boiling hot day.
Just the kinda day when you want to go swimming.
-Our totally rocky beach. I just wish we had a bit more sand.

But that's it. If I was like a writer or an artist of some sort, I would definately move out there, at least for a few months. It would be the ideal quite, calming, beautiful place to live and work. But somehow driving 2 hours everyday to come into Extreme Pita just doesn't seem worth it. Oh well. I am looking very much forward to Thanksgiving Weekend....in a whole month. sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home