Just Me

Nothing fancy. Nothing Inspiring. Nothing really...

Monday, September 11, 2006

Embarrassing Singing & Pink Onesies.

Yesterday it was Don's birthday. Ooooh, he is 26. So 'old'. I like to flaunt these next six or so weeks in his face because it's the only time I will be 'younger' than him. Also, two days now I have come home to someone singing 'Happy Birthday' on our answering machine. Even though on some levels it annoys me, it also makes me smile. I must admit I have never had anyone sing anything to me on my answering machine....I think. And funnily enough, it was both middle aged ladies who were doing the singing. I don't like to think of myself doing that, and yet I strongly suspect it will happen. I even just unconsciously sighed a long-drawn out sigh. While in high school, I once had a fellow cashier say to me, " My mom bought a pink-all-in-one jumpsuit today. She is 45, when do you pass the point of sanity and see that in the store and be like, 'I think that is exactly what I'm looking for! I'll look great in that!'" For some odd reason this conversation, which we had many a laugh at, has always stuck with me. And when I see something which is ...interesting, and consider trying it on, I always think to myself, "Is this my pink jumpsuit?!?!"

2 Comments:

At 10:41 p.m., Blogger Linda said...

That's what younger sisters are for. Tell them right now to be honest with you when you buy your pink jumpsuit. Sisters are always honest with you. At least, that's what I'm counting on...

 
At 2:14 p.m., Blogger beckster said...

Pam your "pink jumsuit" days are still far away, you have nothing to worry about for a while! I hope...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home