Just Me

Nothing fancy. Nothing Inspiring. Nothing really...

Friday, October 15, 2010

I'm such a girl...

"A huge, like, spider or something just ran across you kitchen!" Becky said.

"Something?" I said, "Like a mouse?"

"Yeah...that makes more sense than a tarantula!" she laughed.

"Oh, nooo," I moaned, "I haaaate mice. They've probably gotten into everything!"

And they did. They kept us up all night munching on something we couldn't see. I even dreamed about them. (Ughhgh, what an awful dream!) But I can handle it. It's a world wide problem. I'm an adult. We've had mice in almost every place we lived. Even here already, last year. I can handle it, as long as Don empties the traps.

Except.

Don left on tour today. Until November. And I am left ... well, not quite alone.

When I got home today, I very hesitantly checked the traps. Oh no. No, no. That one is flipped right over. I tried, honestly, I did my best to be brave. But in the end, the bravest I could be was to get my landlord's number a mere 4 feet above the deceased culprit.

"Um, hi, Dave, this is pretty embarrassing, but..."

Within minutes, my kitchen was my own again. Until the loud snap I just heard*...

How am I gonna last the next 2 weeks?

*phew. i checked. the trap just snapped on it's own. Now I'll at least be able to sleep knowing there won't be a dead mouse lying in the next room all night.

3 Comments:

At 10:21 a.m., Anonymous Heather Plett said...

I always think of myself as a pretty tough farm girl, BUT when it comes to mice, I'm right there with you.

In desperation, once, I just closed my eyes, picked the whole thing up (mouse and trap) with a plastic bag wrapped around my hands, and threw it all in the garbage without looking at it. I figured traps are pretty inexpensive. :-)

 
At 11:05 p.m., Blogger corrie said...

*shudder* There's something about a mouse looking you straight in the eyeballs that stops you cold.

Good luck.

 
At 6:53 p.m., Blogger Linda said...

Rubber gloves and tons of paper towels. It gets a little expensive because you have to throw the trap away too but it's the only way when there is no man around to empty the trap.

Been there, done that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home