Just Me

Nothing fancy. Nothing Inspiring. Nothing really...

Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Surprise! It's Bath!


I've always known where Bath is. I've passed by it probably 6 times during my life, but never was too, too interested/had the time. This trip, I made time. Time to sort of drag everyone there. Sort of. I was mostly going because I recently read NorthAnger Abbey and I was itching to see the streets that Ms. Austen wrote about. I knew Corrie would happily go along with this. The guys, well, they'll go where ever (they're pretty easy going). But I honestly wasn't expecting the beauty of age. I wasn't expecting The Pump Room to actually still be there! I definitely was not expecting a such a very pretty city... even though my photos below do not nearly do it justice (hopefully Daryl's will!).

I will definitely be going back to Bath someday.



Overlooking the 'Parade Gardens' on the river Avon.



A little further up the river where even their dams were poetic.


In the courtyard outside the pump room and roman baths!



C & D under the city on the river walk.


Two excited girls outside the Pump Room which has been turned into a restaurant that, needless to say we could not afford. Sigh.
Outside view will have to do!

Coming soon: "Fun/Pain dans Paris" & "Photos Pour Vous!"


3 Comments:

At 8:19 p.m., Blogger Terry's Girl said...

oh wow...these are great pictures! and you guys are couch surfing?! your my heros....i am living vicariously.

 
At 10:12 a.m., Blogger mmichele said...

You are all killing me. I want to go back so badly.

 
At 4:18 p.m., Blogger Court said...

Glad you're having such a great time! Can't wait to hear all of your new stories!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home