Just Me

Nothing fancy. Nothing Inspiring. Nothing really...

Sunday, September 05, 2010

Home Sweet Portugal.

Tonight after a long drive through dry, hot Spain, we made our way into Portugal and after getting lost (aGain!), we found the right house and rang the bell of long (almost) lost friends.

What a wonderful feeling to see familiar faces after 20 years! (yikes, am I really that old?!) What a surprise to see grown up faces of beautiful girls last seen at 4 years old. What a relaxing treat to have a glass of wine, a giant bowl of pasta and a table full of soft light and much laughter. What an absolute pleasure to have a tiny villa waiting for us with fresh flowers and linens and ... a speedy internet connection (no more stopping in McDonalds parking lots to steal their free internet connexion!!! ...for now), overlooking the sea.

And best of all?
I never thought I'd be so happy to see toilet seats again!

With all this and five long lovely days of sea and sun stretching before us, I just know I'll be sleeping good tonight!

Here are just a few quick shots I liked from today's drive through Portugal...







2 Comments:

At 10:09 a.m., Blogger Terry's Girl said...

I get a twinge of excitment as I log on to read the next chapter in the continuing adventures of my cousins and their husbands through Europe. Sounds like you are all on a fairy tale trip.
looking forward to your next posts.

 
At 8:31 p.m., Anonymous Mom said...

just back from the lake, Dad stayed home, I went with the girls. Dad is out, somewhere. I am having supper and watching a movie, The Hours. and checking your blogs. Wish we could be there with you visiting Marina and Phil and the girls. Give them ahug for me. What a fantastic trip you are having, one blessed by God for sure!! Miss you all, big hug and kisses to all.
All is well with your homes :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home