Just Me

Nothing fancy. Nothing Inspiring. Nothing really...

Monday, May 31, 2010

May 31st


The past few years of my life, I equally dread/look forward to Don going on tour. I hate living alone, but I have a great life here and many, many people to live/stay/hang out with if (ha ha, I mean when) I get tired of being alone. Also, it gives me great opportunity to get things done around our house without pressure. If I feel like shampooing the carpet at 1:30 am, I do! And being alone can give you really great opportunity to grow a bit as a person....well, for me anyways. This is probably the fifth or sixth tour where he's been gone for more than two weeks straight. I've gotten pretty used to them, especially with the hundreds of overnight/weekend shows thrown in over the past few years. (It really is not that hard to get used to, when you know the person you love is gone doing something that they just love.)

But this tour was different.

This time I had aching, aching longings for 'my other half'. This time I had moments of yearning for my friend who just understands me, who lets me talk/complain/be silly to about anything, such yearning for his presence that would suddenly bring me to tears in very public places. Some days are not so bad. Some days, no matter how they were filled with things to do, my mind would constantly wander back to thoughts of him. Before this gets too cheesy (Already too late, you say? oh well, too bad for you), I am a very firm believer in the saying, "Absence makes the heart grow fonder". It is quite true and I have always found it strengthens our relationship in a way ...
I guess it was just something I couldn't shake this time.

So today at 3:52 pm, I'll drive to the airport and be just SO happy!



















And.... just maybe, I'll just look into joining the rest of the tours somehow from now on...

3 Comments:

At 12:46 p.m., Blogger Terry's Girl said...

AAwww....what a great post Pam.
Funny, when Terry was recently away for 4 days I thought I would lose my mind with missing him, after all we not only share a home life but a daily work life as well. But I also found that when he came home I hadn't done all the things I was going to do when I was alone, I found I enjoy spending time with and getting to know me.
We look forward to seeing you on future western tours. I know from this side, when your man is here, his whole focus in getting back hometo you asap.

 
At 12:54 p.m., Anonymous Mom said...

Even though I like being away from my guy, it is sooo true that he is the only one that I can be quiet with all day if I feel like it and share discussions about something that only you two have the exact same feelings and thoughts about. So comforting to be with your soul mate :) Enjoy your time together!

 
At 1:04 a.m., Anonymous Kathryn said...

Aww Pam, I love you guys as a couple I was actually bragging to someone about you two and how I wished you lived nearby so I could live and learn with/from you! I ditto what "Terry's Girl" said - Don is pretty clear about where and with whom his life is!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home