Just Me

Nothing fancy. Nothing Inspiring. Nothing really...

Monday, May 17, 2010

love it/hate it

Why do I love it so?
  1. It is an unimaginable improvement to conversations to see the person you want to talk to...especially if it's your loved one away on tour until June.
  2. It saves so much money!
  3. I do feel a bit like I'm in the future (uh, Total Recall anyone?) using it and that is lots of fun.

Why do I hate it so?
  1. Unless you have a laptop, you must sit in your office (alt. at your computer desk) for all convo's.
  2. It makes fighting easier and hanging up harder than regular telephones.
  3. I have old-person-fear-of-technology-syndrome sometimes that makes me think someone in the cyber world is recording my calls!

That being said, I'm still mostly leaning towards the 'love it' end more than the hate it. Thanks Skype inventors!

2 Comments:

At 7:12 p.m., Blogger Danny Zacharias said...

If you want it to feel even more scifi do it with an iPhone. It's a little trickier, as it requires a mirror too, but it's doable!

 
At 7:21 p.m., Anonymous Linds said...

Personally, I have no idea how to Skype but my Grandma and Grandpa use it to talk to their Great-Grandaughter in London, England. They've also been able to see China when my Uncle's there on business and takes his laptop on the balcony of his hotel. They think it's amazing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home