Just Me

Nothing fancy. Nothing Inspiring. Nothing really...

Sunday, December 09, 2007

Poker Face


So last night at the christmas party I was at,
there was...a poker game.
Since I didn't know anyone, I figured I might as well play.
It was fun. Except for one guy.
Mr. I-Know-Everything-Ever-About-Poker.
The guy who brought the cards, the chips,
the green felt, portable poker table.
The guy who didn't come to the party last year
because there was no poker.
Guess who was first out?
Guess who's hand won over his? (Twice!)
Anything else after that didn't matter.
I'd say a pretty good game for my first 'real' poker game.

5 Comments:

At 10:01 p.m., Blogger beckster said...

Nice! All I can say is Don must be proud!

 
At 12:07 a.m., Blogger mmichele said...

do you have one of those little hats now?

and were you smoking a cigar?

and are you thinking of joining the mob?

 
At 8:00 a.m., Blogger ccap said...

Nice! Yeah, I was wondering the same as Becky, either he's proud or sorry he wasn't there.

 
At 12:04 p.m., Blogger corrie said...

Poker at a Christmas party? I'm jealous... I just found out our Christmas party will be at the golf dome this winter... sigh... I didn't think I'd ever long to be surrounded by people playing poker.

 
At 12:43 p.m., Blogger Linda said...

Wow. You are my new hero. Did you make a lot of money?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home