Just Me

Nothing fancy. Nothing Inspiring. Nothing really...

Thursday, December 06, 2007

The Battle Is Won.

A few weeks ago we had a MAJOR infestation of fruit flies.
I am talking swarms.
When we had supper, Don would cover his glass with a cd case to keep them out. (I didnt' mind a little protein! ;)
Before going to bed I would kill some. When I woke up I would kill some. I was a regular killing machine-and pretty good too. All the time I was about murder, killing, smashing, destroying. It was bad. I started to lose my mind a bit.
We tried traps. We tried the vacumm (doesn't work-they just end up in the centra vac room!). We tried letting them settle and spent hours trying to smack them all.
It began to take over our life.
Then the day came.
Our 'first date' anniversary.
We had some dinner.
We had some wine.
(With protective covers, of course).
Our wine was sadly dissapointing.
Why does this 'bad wine' matter?
Because I am going to tell you how to catch upwards of 100 fruitflies.
Fruit flies LOVE fermented fruit.
More exactly-they LOVE wine.
Saran wrap a glass with an inch of wine in it.
Poke a teeny hole in the top.
Pour yourself a glass of wine.
Go to bed.
In the morning dump out your fruit fly filled wine.
Repeat if necessary.
Repeat in the vacumm room.
I haven't seen a single fly in weeks.

Mice on the other hand....

4 Comments:

At 7:44 a.m., Blogger Danny Zacharias said...

You can also you red wine vinegar - its a little cheaper than using wine :-)

 
At 8:12 a.m., Blogger ccap said...

Nice!

 
At 4:01 p.m., Blogger beckster said...

You are a Genius!

 
At 4:14 p.m., Blogger Linda said...

Good thing it wasn't very good wine. It would be a shame to use good wine for such a gruesome task.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home