Just Me

Nothing fancy. Nothing Inspiring. Nothing really...

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Sunshine On My Shoulders...

Today, I went outside to check just how bad the weeds were in my flower beds (they're starting to get a little crazy, btw), and it was SO nice out, I decided to ignore all my house cleaning plans and weed in the sun instead. After 10 minutes (it's a small flower bed), I thought about the pile of dishes inside, sighed and headed back in to do them.

With dishes safely done, I turned to the piles of clothes in the bedroom, then to the vacuum, trying to make a decision when the glinting sun caught my eye once more. So I thought to myself, screw it! And I just shirked all my grown up responsibilities, grabbed my water bottle, threw down a blanket and soaked it all up.

It's only +16, but my backyard is like a wind block and a sun trap, so I lay there in my slippers and listened...

I heard the wind brush the new blades of grass together, I heard the rustle of crows wings as they flew just a few feet above me, I heard the new leaves on the big tree behind our house swishing with the gusts of wind, I heard the seagulls crying and the neighbours wind mobile clack clack clacking and I thought to myself, this is what I've waited all those months, that whole long, cold winter for...

and it was worth the messy house. *

*Besides, Don's on tour now anyways, I don't have to clean up until the day before he gets home!

2 Comments:

At 11:18 p.m., Blogger Damero said...

That's fine by me. I like knowing you're enjoying some down time. I think maybe we don't do that enough when I am home. The big thing I am learning here is that maybe we need to take a little more time this year to soak up some sun. I'll try not to be such a slave driver :)

 
At 8:32 a.m., Blogger Terry's Girl said...

did you hear the buzz of giant mosquitoes too? Maybe you didn't because they are all here.
enjoy the sun Pam....we all need to take some more time. thanks for setting the tone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home