Just Me

Nothing fancy. Nothing Inspiring. Nothing really...

Monday, December 13, 2010

Even I'm not that cheap!

Yesterday as we got home after being out all day, I hung up my coat, put my slippers on and wandered into the kitchen to find a snack. Thinking it was a bit chilly, I went to be nice* and turn up the heat a notch. Or two. Then I saw this:

Set temperature: 65˚F -- Actual temperature: 48˚F **

"Um....I'm not that cheap," I thought to myself, "I didn't set it to go that low when we're out...hmmmm." So, after some basement dwelling, some furnace peering and some landlord calling, our pilot light was back on and heat was once again blowing warmly through the vents.

Which is a good thing because it's a lovely, sunny -29˚C out today.

*Yes, I am the one constantly monitoring our house temperature and heating bill...we're not your average couple. At least not in this one way. ha ha...
**And, no, no I haven't changed the settings on our thermostat from fahrenheit to celsius yet because I am slowly trying to teach my brain to handle both equally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home