Just Me

Nothing fancy. Nothing Inspiring. Nothing really...

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Sillyness...but not really*

A couple of movies I've seen lately, 'He's Just Not That Into You' and 'Marley & Me'. I can't stop thinking about them! I guess because I was just expecting nothing, it surprised me that they both turned out to be pretty good movies. Now I don't noramally like chick flick movies (like HJNTIY is portrayed in it's preview) and I am definitely not a dog person (so I don't know why I went to see M&M), but they both turned out to be relationship-focused stories.
What did I like so much about both of them?
-the real life portrayal of all forms of relationships
-they both supported marriage as a hard commitment, but one you should stick to(unusual for hollywood blockbusters, no?)
-They portrayed normal life as a goal or as 'enough', and didn't really promote chasing after that unrealistic movie star life.
-And yes, Jennifer Aniston is in both of them and yes I do have a small, non-sexual crush on her and yes, I do think she is totally kicking Angelina Jolie's butt in the Actress Category. She is so real and nice and pretty and normal.
Anyways, they're not like the best movies in the world or anything, but if you are looking for not just fluff, but not too serious...check them out!

1 Comments:

At 2:15 p.m., Blogger beckster said...

Agreed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home