Just Me

Nothing fancy. Nothing Inspiring. Nothing really...

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

13 Things I Love/Hate About December...

1. I love the way my winter jacket crinkles when it gets below -30 C.

2. I hate being asked 3 times a day, "Ohhh, have you got all your christmas shopping done?"

3. I love picking out a sad little $20 Christmas Tree over the big, showy-offy $80 'balsam pines'.

4. I love wearing slippers at work. Um..yah, my p/t office job, not my p/tpita store job, that would be weird.

5. Two word: freezing nosehairs.

6. I love Christmas lights. Everywhere. Inside. Outside. On wreaths. On Christmas trees through windows. On fences. Around windows. Around garages. Everywhere. 
The world is so dark and dreary again by February.

7. I hate hearing so many mutilated Christmas songs, such as the remixed dance version of 'Carol Of The Bells' that I just heard.

8. I love giving gifts. I honestly think I could just give and get nothing and be happy. Especially if I can find or make something perfectly suited to the person. I just picked up six PERFECT presents I had made this year that I know each person will love. happy sigh.

9. I hate Christmas commercials on tv. Especially for big dumb toys and especially for wal-mart. Just shut up already. We ALL know you don't care about us, just profit.

10. I looooooooooooooooove eggnog. 
(Specifically by Lucerne.) 

11. I hate how crazy all the drivers get whenever you are in a 10 block radius of any mall.

12. I love our fairly new tradition of the: Boxing-Day-Lord-of-the-Rings-all-of-the-extended-editions-included Marathon.

13. I especially love these days of december: 24, 25, 26, 27 and 31. In fact the whole week of christmas eve to new years day just feel's like the whole world is relaxing, celebrating and at peace. 

That is unless you take part in boxing day. 

3 Comments:

At 9:53 p.m., Blogger Krista said...

13. or if you have a husband who has no choice about being involved in boxing day. *big sigh*

P.S. My word verification on your blog today is 'cosify'. I thought that was fitting. :)

 
At 10:49 p.m., Blogger rob said...

Thank you Pam. Lovely.

I miss you.

(MY word verification is Hypedne.)

Hmmm...

(Oh, and just noticed that it's rob's google account we are signed in on, and if I change the account, I lose ALL i wrote. So....

this one is from both of us.

m

 
At 10:17 p.m., Blogger Terry's Girl said...

Merry Christmas,
Happy New Year.

see you in 2009.

Cheers!

Terry & Donna

 

Post a Comment

<< Home