Just Me

Nothing fancy. Nothing Inspiring. Nothing really...

Thursday, February 14, 2008

The hardest list I've ever made...

Thirteen reasons I don't mind Valentine's Day:

1. Basically it's a holiday that involves a LOT of candy. Most holidays centre around chocolate, but valentines day has two of my very favourites: Cinnamon hearts & conversation hearts.

2. It's not a busy time of year-like most other holidays.

3. People don't go crazy over it...well not anyone I know. Most don't give a crap.

4. I bought a bargain book of happy bunny valentines.
(see this for one example of many)

5. I have fun each year thinking up what I would like to see on conversation hearts-- YOU SUCK, SHUT UP, I H8 U, BGGR OFF, GET LOST....a few examples. I also like to dream of the hundredaire I would become if I marketed & sold them.

6.Needless to say-this one day of the year allows for nearly unlimited sarscasm hence my last two points.

7.Although I hate pink, hearts & lovey-doveyness, I always have a good time making simple heart cookies each year to give away to various people. It must have something to do with the sugar rush. This year we (me & becky)had extra fun & made these:




8. There is always a high influx of movie releases this weekend and while lots are crap there are usually some contenders..especially the ones they release for the male population. They are usually much better than the romantic comedies aimed at my age & gender.

9.My mama usually gives us little treats and while they are nothing expensive or crazy fantastic they are as straight from the heart as you could ever hope to get.

Uh-oh. This is getting tricky...

10. I have always had friends who are willing to mock it right alongside me.

11.Um...it gives me a chance to wear my pink shirts?? (I'll just admit off the bat, that's lame.)

12. What is better than a candy themed holiday?
CRAZY CHEAP Candy Sales the following day!

13.Let's see...I'm terribly grateful it happens only once a year.
Just like my lists...apparently!

1 Comments:

At 3:59 p.m., Blogger Robert E. Morgan, Jr. said...

Of all your reasons, I think I like #9 best.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home