Just Me

Nothing fancy. Nothing Inspiring. Nothing really...

Thursday, February 28, 2008

A Gift Accomplished.

Not Christmas 2007, but Christmas 2006, my youngest sister Becky got me a gift certificate specifically intended for the sequel to a fantastic childrens book I read called 'Inkheart'. We both loved it and I love when people give gift certificates with something very specific in mind. She even printed up a teeny tiny copy of the cover so I'd know what to get. Last night I realized there was a Coles right where I was AND I finally had the certificate with me. I really do love children's books and Cornelia Funke is a fanatastic writer. If you have kids from 9 years up who like to read-I am confident they will really enjoy it.

In Inkheart, Mo, a restorer of books, has the ability to read stories into existence and characters out of their paper-and-ink worlds into ours. In my newly acquired book, Inkspell, Mo's daughter Meggie, barely recovered from past events, goes on another unforgettable adventure when she is read into the pages of the book that started all the problems in the first place.
(a little recap taken from daphne's blog-thanks daphne!)

Apparently it was an unplanned trilogy that will finish up next year-I surely hope becky gets my name again for Christmas! Yes, they are of course making a movie of it, but after seeing a preview, I have less doubts that it is all about making money and a little more hope that someone saw a wonderful story they'd like to tell visually-and I'm always okay with that!


2 Comments:

At 9:21 a.m., Blogger mmichele said...

enjoy!

 
At 8:50 p.m., Blogger Robert E. Morgan, Jr. said...

I have a ten year old, I think I will swing by the book store tomorrow and give a gift or two. Thanks for the heads up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home