Just Me

Nothing fancy. Nothing Inspiring. Nothing really...

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Thursday Thirteen

13 Books I've read/am reading this summer:

1. The Road - Cormac McCarthy

2. The Pilot's Wife - Anita Shreve

3.War Of The Worlds - H.G. Wells

4.Hotel Babylon - Imogen Edwards-Jones

5.Girl With A Pearl Earring - Tracy Chevalier

6.Thirteen Moons -Charles Frazier

7. The Invisible Man - H.G. Wells

8.Water For Elephants - Sara Gruen

9.In The Company Of The Courtesean - Sarah Dunant

10.The Birth House - Ami McKay

11.Plan B: Further Thoughts On Faith - Anne Lamont

12.The Memory Keeper's Daughter - Kim Edwards

13.Harry Potter 7* - J.K. Rowling

*yet to read-no spoilers please!

7 Comments:

At 1:40 p.m., Blogger ccap said...

Okay, so, now rate them. Or at least tell me the 3 best. The 3 I should get my hands on.

 
At 1:41 p.m., Blogger ccap said...

And, if you say Harry Potter 7 is your favorite even though you haven't read it yet I will soooo beat you up side the head.

 
At 4:08 p.m., Blogger pamero said...

Ratings:
1.****
2.***
3.***
4.***
5.*****
6.***
7.**
8.****
9.**1/2
10.***1/2
11.***
12.--
13.--

3 ccap should read:#5, #8 as well as #1 even though it's fairly depressingly post apocalypsy .

 
At 4:37 p.m., Blogger corrie said...

My ratings:
1. *****
2. ***
3. **
4. ***1/2 (but only because I could relate so well to what was going on)
5. *****
6. ***
7. N/A
8. ***
9. **
10. ***
11. ** (but I haven't finished it yet... it's not inspiring me like I thought it would)
12. 1/2
13. *****

 
At 8:27 a.m., Blogger pamero said...

Oh, and I forgot to say thanks mostly to Corrie & Michele. My main book lenders! ;)

 
At 8:52 p.m., Blogger Lindsay said...

406What did you think of The Birth House? I am just about to start reading it.
You should check out Rohinton Mistry. He's a Canadian author and his books take place in India. If you're interested I can always drop one of them off at your Mum and Dads for you to check out.
Hope all is well.
Lindsay Martin
P.S. Good call Corrie with your HP rating!

 
At 4:52 p.m., Blogger mmichele said...

i'm coming to this late! i love the rating system... felt the same way about plan b. i suppose i had really high expectations after travelling mercies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home