Just Me

Nothing fancy. Nothing Inspiring. Nothing really...

Friday, October 09, 2009

It's Here.

Thanksgiving.
How much I look forward to and enjoy this weekend.

I recently watched "Pieces Of April" again (you should watch it too) and I love when she's trying to explain to some Chinese immigrants what Thanksgiving is for and after impromtu half explanations, she starts again and says something like, "Once, there was this day... this one day when... everyone realized they needed each other." 

I like that. 
And here's why, for me, Thanksgiving wins 'best holiday' by just a smidge:
I like the feeling of being thankful to be where you are with those you love without presents cluttering everything up and putting the pressure on.

Just one thing missing this year.
The fiesty rebecca.
We'll miss you bec!

Perhaps a short photo show of the weekend will appear on Tuesdayish.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

3 Comments:

At 10:17 a.m., Blogger beckster said...

Aw, thanks friend. I'll miss all the regular comforting food...I'll have to pick up my on ingredients to make the special Thanksgiving and Christmas Juice so at least I have ONE thing!

Looking forward to the pics!

 
At 9:15 a.m., Blogger beckster said...

I'm ready for these pictures! Even I've done mine, you've had plenty of time!

 
At 9:57 a.m., Blogger pamero said...

I know! I just don't have them yet! They're at Kurt & Courtney's!! Coming soon, I promise!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home