Just Me

Nothing fancy. Nothing Inspiring. Nothing really...

Monday, September 28, 2009

In October I'll be host...

October is nearly here and with these new cold days and crunchy leaves underfoot, there are stirrings happening inside of my people. Oooh, that sounded  condescending. By 'my' people, I mean the people I love. Yes, including myself. I do love me.

With me-- I did it. I quit my lesser part time job to work with Don. Help his schedule, plan, do the books, update his facebook... Ha ha. So that's pretty exciting. I must admit, I am looking forward to working in my bathrobe. Ha ha. Although you know how formal offices have 'casual friday's'? I'm thinking of implementing Formal Fridays just so we don't always work till 2 in our pj's. So yeah, stop by the amero house hold on fridays from now on and you'll find us in our Sunday best! 

With Becky-- She decided last week to drop out of school and pursue art. I'm pretty excited for her. Almost the next day she decided to move to Toronto for a few months. That also is cool. In fact, I'm a wee bit jealous...but more excited! I think she'll just have tons of fun and hopefully find a job in somewhere awesome...like a cool art gallery or something. But frick will I miss my buddy. We hang out all the time and probably fight the most out of all my sisters, but probably also make up in record time for two arguing people anywhere. We are super awesome at doing nothing together and now I'll have to actually leave my house to go do nothing with my other sisters. Ah well. I've learned how to text from my email so I don't have to get a cell phone and I can still talk to her anytime.

With others
-My sister in law, Courtney, is pregnant again! Quite cool! I already love little sammy so much, I can't wait to have another little cutie from them to cuddle and play with! I mean, come ON, look at that face!!


















-My sister sister Kim is driving down to TO with becky this week, I am also jealous of their impromtu road trip...

-My dad is spearheading a group of people going down to ND to do some disaster relief work where it flooded this past spring. Don and I were quite excited to join in ... and then. Don remembered he offered a house concert to someone and of course they had booked it during that week. So now I am going solo. Well not quite. I am accompanying 3 men. 1- Bob, not only my awesome dad of five great kids, but also a master jack of all trades, specializing in electrical, 2-George, a master carpenter, home builder, car fix-ing kinda guy and 3-Ken, a superior window installer who built not only his own house, but his window business from the ground up and owns a shop in his back yard that I think is quite bigger than his house. 4- me. Supreme movie watcher, extraordinary licorice eater, talented slurpee drinker and incredible couch warmer. I really think I can show these guys a thing or two.*

-And sortof a new thing, but not really, we are now in a house. In time. For. Halloween. iamsoexcited!!! I lovvve, lovve, looovvvvvvve halloween. It's not nearly as fun anymore because I don't get school parties and pumpkin cupcakes and parades down the hallways and painting your face and making your costume and coming home with ooooooodles of candy. But now I get my very own steps to fill with carved pumpkins. My own bannisters to swath in fake spider web. My own porch to fill with eerie candles. And the best part? I get to hand out whatever candy I want. No raisins at this house baby! Full sized chocolate bars. Treat bags stuffed with the good candy. Canned drinks. Oh yeah. I am good to go. And I think we'll dress up too. Let's have some fu-un! Oh wait, I did see an ad for a reformation service that night...maybe I should go to that instead and avoid the pits of hell. 
 Ummm.....nope! Candy wins again!

So bring it, October.  Let's see what you've got.


*Oh, believe you me, I would kick some working man ass in a texting/emailing/blogging  competition given the chance. 
Which I never will be given. The chance.


6 Comments:

At 5:06 p.m., Blogger Terry's Girl said...

Hey, great update...thanks.

Let me just say, don't get to fancy with your Fridays...just buy new 'special' jammies for that day.

what will become of Becky's houdini hamster Fen?! inquiring minds...

Congrat to Courtenay and Kurt...what a QT that Sammy is.

My turn to be jelous...how long I have wanted to go on a relief mission to help out, be a part of something great...I also have no talents in the fields required but what the heck...have fun and report back please! :o)

Here Here to October..THE best month of the year for all the reasons you said and more, one kids costume down, two to go. Darth Vadar Nathan? really? how cool is that!

 
At 7:00 p.m., Blogger Nicole said...

When I was a kid I had a neighbour that passed out candy apples for halloween. Since then I have wanted to make them for halloween "when I grow up". I still haven't done it because I know that the parents would all just throw them out in case of the razor blades "that crazy lady put in them".
Maybe this October I'll finally do it.

 
At 12:15 p.m., Blogger corrie said...

Oh... I remember the parades down the hallways. That was so much fun. And halloween bingo.

Also, do you remember the year you put all that fake spiderweb in the tree at the front and it stayed there until the spring? Good times.

And I'm totally coming trick-or-treating at your house. You won't recognize me, though, cause I'll be in costume...

 
At 12:19 p.m., Blogger corrie said...

to witches, goblins and a ghost!
I'll serve them chicken soup on toast!
Whoopy once, whoopy twice, whoopy chicken soup with rice!

 
At 3:03 p.m., Blogger pamero said...

Yes, nicole, I too thought of handing out some homemade caramel corn (i'm waaaaay too lazy to do candy apples(but i have a great recipe if you want it!)but don't want it to just all go in the garbage...oh well.

Corrie-you can come to my house anytime and I'll give you a chocolate bar! But I am looking forward to seeing you in a costume! ha ha. And I KNEW you'd recognize the title!

 
At 1:55 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

From Corrie's rhyme - as long as it's CAMPBELL'S chicken and rice! Right?!

From,
Guess

 

Post a Comment

<< Home