Just Me

Nothing fancy. Nothing Inspiring. Nothing really...

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

into the wild

the cool, clear water
loons calling across the stillness
tangy sweetness of wild blueberries on my tongue
the smell of pine each time I bend down to put on my shoes
trees rustling with the light breeze of the morning
making pancakes and coffee over the fire
the dip and sploosh of paddle slicing through water
turtles sunning on rocks by the shore
adrenaline pumping as you take the leap off the rocks into the water
the lapping of the water echoing inside the canoe
the sun warming my skin as I lie on lichen covered rock
delicate beauty floating in each water lily I pass

sitting in the silence around a crackling fire...
surrounded by softly lapping water...
beside the ones I love

Give me this and I have found my heaven on earth. 

2 Comments:

At 1:36 p.m., Blogger beckster said...

That little insight made me so happy I could cry. Now if only it was guarantied to be warm and sunny.

 
At 9:03 a.m., Blogger Damero said...

Captured beautifully.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home