Just Me

Nothing fancy. Nothing Inspiring. Nothing really...

Saturday, October 03, 2009

Birthday love...

My big brother turned 33 today. 
We celebrated last week with the whole family. 
It was crowded, noisy, hectic...fun!

But tonight was different.

Tonight it was quiet.
Tonight I was invited over with just Kurt & Sam.
We had a lovely dinner out with my mom and dad.
Then we went back to Kurt's and put sammer to bed.
Then we played video games. 
It was good. 
I wished I didn't have to go*.

But I was happy just to have some time with just me and him.
To remind me of the bond that exists between us, that stays unbroken.
What a peaceful celebration.
The comfort of a home away from home.
The joy in watching my brother, a dad (!?)
put his sweet baby boy to bed.
The beauty of watching birthday love pass from parents to son.
The relaxed-ness of guilt free video game playing.

Thanks for inviting me over for your birthday. 
It was a good night.

*Darn it all, when is Winnipeg going to get a 24 hour grocery store? Boy would I appreciate it. Even Charlottetown has one. Come ON Winnipeg!

2 Comments:

At 10:21 a.m., Blogger Damero said...

Well if you like we should get a Wii, so that way you'll always be able to go back to this great memory.

What do ya say?

Don

 
At 1:18 p.m., Blogger Terry's Girl said...

And Don Amero Industries can use it as a tax deduction stating it was purchased to incorporate happiness and physical fitness in the work place for all his employees. Welcome Wii Wednesdays!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home