Just Me

Nothing fancy. Nothing Inspiring. Nothing really...

Friday, April 27, 2007

7 Wonders of Canada

Today while I am doing spring cleaning, I am listening to a radio program on cbc debate the seven wonders of Canada. They can be man made or natural wonders and they have had thousands of suggestions. I must admit, it is giving me some good ideas for a speculative road trip east this summer. But I am tired of everyone suggesting The Bay of Fundy or Niagra Falls or the CN Tower or The Rockies. Everyone already knows about those!
What are your suggestions?
Have you been somewhere breathtaking that you think everyone should visit?

7 Comments:

At 11:19 a.m., Blogger Heather Plett said...

Some of my favourite places out East are Quebec City (and the drive - off the beaten track - along the St. Lawrence from Montreal to QC), Orleans Island (just outside Quebec City), and Peggy's Cove.

 
At 11:27 a.m., Blogger mmichele said...

the pas... sam waller's museum and the amazing caves and the beautiful quiet provincial park

 
At 9:14 a.m., Blogger corrie said...

That one campsite in the Stuart lake circuit that's higher up and on that big rock. Where the fire overlooks the lake and the island and it's kind of on a cliff. That's the place I go to when I need to check out for a while. It took my breath away the first time I looked out over the lake and the sun was setting.

But then again, if everyone went there there'd be motor boats in the lake and too many people and garbage from the heathens, etc. So I'm okay with keeping it a little known secret.

 
At 4:22 p.m., Blogger -Me- said...

Hey Pam! I thought it was about time I left you a bloody message, since I keep "lurking" on your blog! There is this beautiful place outside of Jasper called Athabasca FAlls...its amazing. I went there in the winter and there was water running down the falls and turning to snow, etc..SO hard to put into words, but I loved it there! One of those places where you just feel so peaceful somehow! I was sort of scared at first because the water splashes up onto the snow and its super slippery but once I got my footing it was breathtaking!! :-)

 
At 12:37 p.m., Blogger Michael said...

That's easy, but it's west: Happy Rock

 
At 4:20 p.m., Blogger corrie said...

New post! NEW POST!

 
At 8:06 a.m., Blogger ccap said...

Yeah, I'm with Corrie. Every day I come on here hoping... but NOTHING. Did you need a topic? I can always supply some. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home