Just Me

Nothing fancy. Nothing Inspiring. Nothing really...

Monday, March 12, 2007

Not Ashamed.

Recently I have more & more reasons why
I Dislike Smokers.
Yesterday, seeing this as I stepped out of my car didn't help.


Really? You'll just empty your sick ashtray anywhere?
So...reasons I dislike smokers(there are however, always exceptions to every rule. I'm sure some apply here):
-They smell
-They make me smell gross
-They pollute OUR air
-They litter
-They cause fires
-They cause car accidents
-They may as well burn money
-They give other people cancer
-They badly influence kids
-They waste our healthcare system
-They stand outside of doors and smoke right where I have to walk through. It's not like there are other 'non-smoking' doors I can use!
-They get unfair breaks at work. (I don't get a break to just stand around for 5 minutes every hour!!)
-They're wannabes
-Smokers who smoke while eating. blech!
-They are 100% completely selfish


Now, that last one pretty much covers all the other reasons listed before it, but I just can't help but think about it.
All. The. Time.
So I admit to sometimes feeling guilty about hating smokers especially when I find out the person I've been ranting to about smoking, smokes.
But I have decided.
NO MORE GUILT.

Why should I feel guilty about making them feeling bad?
Why should I feel guilty they don't try to quit?
Why should I feel guilty about the fact that they took up this entirely undesirable habit in the first place?
I shouldn't. I won't. I don't.

There is SO much help out there to stop smoking.
If you aren't trying to give it up?
NO pity for you.
So I WILL cough and sputter exaggeratingly when I have to walk through your noxious fumes.
I WILL complain loudly when I see you smoking where you shouldn't be.
I WILL honk embarrasingly at you when I see you litter out your car window.


Because you know what?
This is OUR earth.

And YOU are ruining it.
Jerks.

4 Comments:

At 2:07 p.m., Blogger ccap said...

Comment #1: Every single time I see someone toss a cigarette butt out of a car window I gasp in disgust. REALLY?! HOW can you not see that as littering?

Comment #2: "So I WILL cough and sputter exaggeratingly when I have to walk through your noxious fumes." made me guffaw at my desk.

 
At 7:35 p.m., Blogger corrie said...

I agree. It's one thing if you want to kill yourself slowly, but don't drag me down with you.

 
At 10:29 p.m., Blogger mmichele said...

amen. this is why jed and i "do our part" by utilizing the club st. b parking lot/ashtray for more organic substances.

 
At 3:25 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

hecky do - instead of real swearing

SPlett

 

Post a Comment

<< Home