Just Me

Nothing fancy. Nothing Inspiring. Nothing really...

Monday, March 21, 2011

Return of the Supper Club

Okay, it's not reeeeeally a supper 'club'.

It's more like a Don and I having some fun together club.

And because we both like eating so much (and we're both soooo good at it), we decided to combine them and have every monday night be our 'dinner night'. Not that we don't eat dinner every other night of the week... but Monday's have become something different.

Each week we take turns picking something new and different that we haven't made before for supper. It's one person's job to plan the menu - then we make it together.

It has been delicious and...mostly fun. Perhaps a little frustrating at times, learning to be in the kitchen together, but hey, challenging yourself is good, right? As long as we don't end up throwing the pots at each other... The best part it that we've often ended up having people over for supper on these nights, or packing it up and taking the meal to someone else's house to share supper with them.

The last few weeks have been 'on hold' because Don's been away, or I've had meetings or we had family winter olympics... but tonight is the return! And it's my turn to come up with an idea this week. I haven't found one yet. It's 2 pm. I welcome your ideas. Even if they don't make it 'in time' for tonights supper, feel free to leave them...or a link, we'll put them to good use!

4 Comments:

At 3:27 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

A friend of mine made this delicious potato lasagna recently. Certainly worth trying out.

ccap

 
At 3:52 p.m., Blogger corrie said...

What fun! I'm all for home-cooked delicious fun!

What about some kind of lemon chicken and noodles? That sounds like it would be yummy.

 
At 12:14 p.m., Blogger pamero said...

Mmmm, thanks for the suggestions! I combined the ideas (Alfredo sauce from the potato lasagna and chicken and noodles from from Corrie's idea) and we had an old favourite I haven't had or made in years - Fettucini Alfredo with Chicken & Broccoli. De-licious!

 
At 3:24 p.m., Blogger Court said...

Yumm, that sounds good. I have to admit that I'm a little jealous that Don actually has time to spend with you in the kitchen. I love cooking with someone!

Something I've been experimenting with lately is making my own pasta. Kurt bought me one of those noodle machines. It can be a lot of work, but it's amazing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home