Just Me

Nothing fancy. Nothing Inspiring. Nothing really...

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Inspiration... (or Procrastination Be Damned!)

I don't know if was the beautiful winter blue sky today, or my sixty year old parents who are more fit than me, or the family olympics we had on Sunday (hosted of course by VANOC -Van Aertselaer Olympic Committee!)...but when my parents called up to see if Becky and I wanted to go skiing in the park this afternoon, I couldn't resist. I did have a bunch of excuses lined up(work, chores, laziness, you know...the usual) but decided to seize the moment. Boy, I'm glad I did. Even though my ski shoes were too big, even though I was the slowest one out of the four of us, even though I wore WAY too many layers, even though I left tons of work at home to be done...it was good. And the best part? My dad sent(ie.was trying to get rid of them!)home two pairs of ski's and poles so we could ski down the river, just three houses away from us. And though I know certain muscles will hurt tomorrow, I'm hoping for this to become at least a weekly outing.

3 Comments:

At 10:51 a.m., Blogger corrie said...

Well done! And we're having the most beautiful weather for it, too!

 
At 8:28 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me too!

Don Amero

 
At 10:36 a.m., Anonymous Mom said...

You did great Pam, with your handycap of too large ski shoes and first time out in a few years!!! It was great time! Let's do it again next week. I hope you and Don enjoy the river runs before spring thaw comes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home