Just Me

Nothing fancy. Nothing Inspiring. Nothing really...

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Back in the game...finally.

Last week, after probably the longest 'hiatus' I've had in fourteen years, I finally went to a movie.

It's been three and a half months!

It wasn't anything super special, just me and Corrie and the cheap seats with a bag of popcorn and Matt Damon.

I was late and both of us had run out of time to eat supper and with no husbands, it was just like old times. Relaxing, escaping, eating, being entertained.

I even managed to forget about Oscar for a couple of hours.

It was good.
Normal.

It feels good to be normal again.

I'm hoping to do it again soon.


3 Comments:

At 12:45 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any time. (Well, okay, not QUITE any time.) Any movie. (Well, okay, not Ghost Rider or The Woman in Black or Underworld or Silent House...) Call me and I'll be there. :-)

ccap

 
At 9:20 p.m., Anonymous Mom said...

So glad and happy to hear you and Corrie had a night out . Ah yes, those times when you get out and away from it all and feel like your good old self are cherished. That is how I am feeling this week and wish I could stay in this emotional space. Looking forward to babysitting so you can get away more often than every 3 months. :)

 
At 11:18 a.m., Blogger corrie said...

Wow! WOW! I can't believe it had been that long! I mean, it makes sense when I add it up, but, wow!

So glad I got to do the honours of breaking the hiatus with you : )

Next time leave Oscar with me and Daryl so you and Don can go. I promise not to smother him with TOO many kisses : )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home