Just Me

Nothing fancy. Nothing Inspiring. Nothing really...

Friday, January 14, 2011

Goodbye Good Commercials too?

Why do the americans have to take over everything?

I just heard on the news that Target is buying Zellers...by 2013 they don't expect any Zellers to be left in Canada. I just want to support Canadian stores!! Why is that so hard! Not that Zellers was the best store or anything, it was just my department store alternative to Wal-mart (who I reeeeallly hate). Now what? Already when I googled Zellers a picture of Target came up. Sigh. I bet we won't even get their funny-awesome-indie-canadian-musician-backed-commercials anymore. Double sigh.

4 Comments:

At 1:56 p.m., Blogger Terry's Girl said...

make that a triple sigh.

 
At 5:34 p.m., Blogger Linda said...

Actually, Zellers is owned by an American company now already. It and Hudsons Bay was sold several years ago. I join you in your sadness. I still prefer Zellers because at least they USED to be Canadian.

 
At 12:43 p.m., Blogger Danny Zacharias said...

I was just about to tell you the same thing as Linda, sorry to burst your bubble. We live in a free market economy, and beyond shopping at local farmer's market and co-ops you'll be hard-pressed to find an "all-Canadian" store. The good news is that Canadian makers also sell across borders, and as a bit of "payback" Canadian banks have expanded into the US during this economic slump. The best way to support local remains supporting local food, IMO.

 
At 6:59 p.m., Blogger beckster said...

They always had the best commercials...I always wonder how they got such good commercials when their store was never that great. Well, I'm not all too excited to see targets up everywhere either..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home