Just Me

Nothing fancy. Nothing Inspiring. Nothing really...

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Where fore art thou?

I was 'spring' cleaning out my bookshelf this week and a book fell open to this page...how appropriate I thought... as I'm doubting to whether I'll ever see another Spring here in Winnipeg again. But thanks, Christina Rossetti, for another good one. 


If I might see another Spring,
I'd not plant summer flowers and wait:
I'd have my crocuses at once,
My leafless pink mezereons,
My chill-veined snowdrops, choicer yet
My white or azure violet,
Leaf-nested primrose; anything
To blow at once not late.

If I might see another Spring
I'd listen to the daylight birds
That build their nests and pair and sing,
Nor wait for mateless nightingale;
I'd listen to the lusty herds,
The ewes with lambs as white as snow,
I'd find out music in the hail
And all the winds that blow.

If I might see another Spring-
Oh stinging comment on my past
That all my past results in "if"-
If I might see another Spring
I'd laugh to-day, to-day is brief;
I would not wait for anything:
I'd use to-day that cannot last,
Be glad to-day and sing.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home