Just Me

Nothing fancy. Nothing Inspiring. Nothing really...

Friday, November 09, 2012

If these walls had ears...

It's kinda like the walls in Oscar's room do have ears...with the baby monitor. While I get some work done in the back room, out of sight and out of mind, I'm waaaay to lazy to get up and turn off the baby monitor and so I get to keep up with what's going on in the rest of  our tiny little house. It's pretty great, especially when the other parent doesn't realize it's still on. I almost feel like I'm on that episode of Modern Family, you know when Cam and Mitch can hear the neighbours...maybe I should get a big bowl of popcorn too.

So far I've heard:

-Oscar grabbing the monitor and jabbering on into it during some alone playtime
-A diaper change happen in, I kid you not, a complete pakistani accent, which consequently made me laugh out loud all alone here in the back 
-Quite a few 'uh-oh's' from the little guy and a few 'Hey, what are you doin'? ha ha, get outta there's!'
-Many, many truck noises from both the one year old and the thirty two year old
-Papa singing along to a song on PBS that I didn't even know he knew...


I'm hoping the fun continues even though I'm totally being distracted from working. It's a pretty sweet distraction.

Who knew one way could be so entertaining! 

5 Comments:

At 9:37 a.m., Anonymous Mom said...

Hey what a great idea! I think I will leave the baby monitor on in the downstairs bedroom all the time when we have family staying.
What stuff I would here! :) ha ha
Somehow I do not think that would be as smiled upon as your post .

 
At 9:40 a.m., Anonymous Mom said...

I meant HEAR :)

 
At 5:19 p.m., Blogger corrie said...

Ya, Mom, I'd be creeped out... : )
Pam, is your baby monitor listening now going to replace your CBC listening? 'Cause it sounds like you're addicted.

 
At 10:22 p.m., Blogger Kim O said...

That's cute :) I think I'd be slightly embarrassed if Nick were to hear everything that was going on while he wasn't there...

 
At 1:14 p.m., Blogger Court said...

That used to be one of my favorite ways to be entertained! And I'm sure I amused a few people along the way too :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home